Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I love you, Aunt Miyuki!


Her name is Miyuki Shiraza Bojescul. She came into our family when I was seven years old. I thought she was exquisitely beautiful and I loved being around her. And she loved me! Oh, how she loved me! She thought I was prettier than Miss America. My mom, my sister, and Aunt Miyuki and I would all sit around and watch the MA pageant annually. She would pincurl our hair and we would all watch and root for our choice. At the end, inevitably Aunt Miyuki would say, "Oh, Biyota more beautiful." I seriously doubt that I was, but in my dear aunt's eyes, I was wonderful. Even when I had kids, she said they were the best children ever. She was always so supportive. I am glad she died in her sleep, or so I've been told. I'm glad she is at peace now. Chemo can't be all that fun. Now she can watch the MAP with Mama and maybe even have a glass of wine....Love you so much, my beautiful auntie. You taught me about self-control, acceptance, love, and so much more. Expecially about love.....I shall miss you - no more phone calls to see how you are doing and hearing that lovely melodic voice of yours. I am sad for me, but glad for you! Take care, honey....

No comments:

Post a Comment