Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Do you have to be religious to be spiritual?


I don't know, but when I look in the eyes of my granddaughter, Gracie, I see something beyond eyes. I see a world of love and life. I see her spirit. Is that religious? Gee, it doesn't matter to me what we call it. I call it the essence of life - the essence that Jesus was talking about. The essence that Buddha was talking about. The karma that permeates the world. Yes, I know. Now the religious right are saying, "Wow, that's not a truly religious woman." They are spending so much of their time trying to pinpoint infidels, they are not able to live a single moment of peace. I, on the other hand, only profess to believe. I am weak, yet I am not judgmental. Believe what you may - I believe all humanity belongs to God's kingdom, wherever it may be....Have a great humpday (sixties lingo for Wednesday - the middle of the week). Blessings and much peace, Lola

No comments:

Post a Comment