Thursday, January 8, 2009

Keep on planning....

I have a very good friend I will call Hap. Hap has been through tragedies most of us could not withstand, including a daughter murdered, a grandchild dying, and now another one dying as we speak in its mother's womb. All in all, most of us would be devastated, yet Hap is one of the happiest, centered individuals I know. How can this be? Of course, her number one salvation is a deep love of our Lord. She is deeply committed to her faith and practicing it rather than just talking about it.

But she has another few secrets I am sure she would not mind if I shared with you....

1. She is a voracious learner. She reads. She joins community groups. She surrounds herself with positive and productive people. Her husband is more of an introvert, but she does not allow that to stop her.

2. She is gracious. Sometimes I get stressed out and want to vent - she listens, but has never vented or talked badly about another human being. Sort of puts me to shame, ya know?

3. She loves to travel and always has an experience planned. She has helped me in this way, for I would never have thought I could afford to go to China or Jamaica or Europe, but with Hap, all things are possible. I consider her my guardian angel.

So keep this lovely woman in your prayers. We are both planning to go to Romania (my mother's birthplace) in September and her gift to me was a piggy bank to save up coins so that when I go I can do what I want to do without worrying. A true friend! Today I wish you all good friends and good attitudes. We can accomplish all this with the blessings of our God.

Peace, love, and happy adventures!
Lola, Hap, and the rest of the gang

No comments:

Post a Comment