Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sunday morning and church


There used to be a time when I didn't question getting up early on Sunday morn and going to church, but today is one of those times when I am wondering if it's all worth the effort - I'd much rather stay home in my fuzzy blue bathrobe and sleep. I can get the sermon online and even read the bulletin online, so what's the problem?


Ok, if you buy that, you weren't raised Catholic - or at least not in the 50s and 60s. OMG. Everything was a sin, including not going to church on Sunday, so guilt sets in. Spirituality vs. selfishness. I'd rather rest. Didn't Christ say that even HE rested on the seventh day. Isn't this the seventh day? Or was that yesterday? Well, taking a painting class all day Saturday necessitates my belief that today is the 7th day for me.


Things I ponder: will I go to hell for not worshiping at Christ's home today? Isn't He everywhere? Isn't He within me? Why would He punish me for getting a little rest and getting all that art and other homework done? Why don't I just get up and go? I hate to go all by myself. Sons are all grown with their own families and aren't attending Catholic churches. Husband rarely did. Excuses. Excuses. I love the Lord as best I can, but I fight this rule...

PRAY FOR ME!


ON a lighter note, I celebrate my granddaughter and thank God for her daily. I pray for her health and happiness. Note I didn't say wealth. 'Cause we all know you can't buy that. So, Happy one month + for Gracie and I guess I'll read some scripture while drinking a hot cup of tea with honey. God, I love you! Thank you for sending me Gracie! She's at the top of this blog - she's at the top of my list of loves....Love, Lola

No comments:

Post a Comment