Saturday, January 24, 2009

They're everywhere! They're everywhere!


Ok, so today I went to do a few errands and I almost went crazy (ok, I'm already there, so I just advanced a few levels)! Everywhere I went there were old people and I mean OLD people! Four decided to each back their cars out of Roths' at the same time. But it seemed like an hour rather than a few seconds. I was seething. Then on the way to MAPS to change my pin #, about fifty of them were also turning into MAPS. What is this? Did the nursing home release them all at once? I thought...then I realized that I was one of them - a senior citizen getting all her errands done before school let out. I never realized there was a life outside of school. So when I got to the doctor's office for a bag of sample pills, I muttered to the receptionists, "God, thank you. I needed these. I was ready to mess up some old people...." They laughed profusely and as I left I could see them nodding their heads. Yup. They thought I was one of them, too. Funny how we all see ourselves as different. Maybe even better than others. But we're not. We're all basically the same, driven by the same needs, some stronger than others. Today I needed inner peace. Peace some think a little pill can give you. But the true peace was when I stopped and laughed and thanked God for a sense of humor.

No comments:

Post a Comment